Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Penelope Trunk


Penelope Trunk, originally uploaded by laura15secondpitch.

Was great to see Penelope Trunk speak at the 2009 Sales & Marketing Symposium. I have to admit, her talk did give me a little bit of heartburn though. Seems that Gen Y workers don't want to do crap jobs, will simply move home with their (loving) parents if they don't like what they are doing and are constantly in need of being part of a TEAM.

As a Gen X-er who couldn't wait to move out on my own, would do the crappiest jobs that I needed to do to pay the rent and used to have the motto, "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to get the job done." This was a bit hard for me to understand. But I'm meditating right now and pondering the MASSIVE generation gap that exists between me and Gen Y.

No comments: